IBM MQ Review
We use it to transfer a lot of big files. It's scalable.

Valuable Features

We use it right now for transferring a lot of big files. Sometimes, for some reason, the file doesn't get all the way to the other side. We do it between different cities. MQ keeps track of it and gets it all done. We at least know if it was half-done or not. We also have scheduled jobs through ESB, but it doesn't send that kind of notification to us. It says whether the script has run or not run. That's all we get. This has been a better product.

Besides that, we do a lot of our jobs through it. We queue them and run them.

Improvements to My Organization

These files are critical. They have to reach the whole file. Sometimes, a half file gets the same name and gets processed as a half file. The result is like replenishing all those files. The results are really screwy if you get half files. Since started using MQ, we haven't seen this.

Room for Improvement

In some cases, when a file got transferred, it has same name on both sides. That could have something to do with the product or it could have to do with something else. We are working on it. That's confusing. I would like that improved. If it didn't appear with the same name, that would definitely be better.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for 8-10 years.

It's very stable. We've been using it for quite some time now, 8-10 years.

We started with very few. Stability’s good. It's scalable all the way. It meets our requirements.

Technical support is very good. Whenever we have a question, they are very responsive.

Other Advice

We've been using MQ for so many years. It's been really, really working great for us. I recommend it rather than looking at other solutions.

The most important criteria for me when selecting a vendor to work with is that the product has to be good. Second, the support has to be really good and the people working with it should be genuine, and not just come up with what you want to hear. They have to be genuine. Sometimes the product is good, the support is good, but the people are not.