Ibm

IBM MQ Review
We use it for real-time claims processing through a non-host platform into the host platform.

Valuable Features

• Guaranteed message delivery
  • Easy to use
  • Works for both distributed and host applications

Improvements to My Organization

It allows us to do real-time claims processing through a non-host platform into the host platform.

Room for Improvement

A better user interface; right now, it's technician dependent, so it's a tech support role. It would be nice if we could provide better interfaces to see the queues, the channels and how they're used, and the queue depths.

Use of Solution

We've been using it for 25-30 years.

It is solid. We have no stability problems with MQ.

It's solid, and it scales.

I personally have not used technical support. As a corporation, we have, and it is solid.

Other Advice

If you have the right technologist, it's a good tool.

It works. It scales. It does what we need it to do. It's stable. It's a technology that, again, is platform agnostic.

The most important criteria for me when selecting a vendor to work with is: Is it a partner or is it someone that's just looking to get paid?

We are not using MQ to connect across cloud, mobile, and devices as part of the internet of things, so much. It's more for internal.

The barrier to success is that I haven't had a business need to use MQ. We use DataPower instead.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM MQ?

Our experts can help. 238,775 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.