IBM MQ Review

Access to support resources and to new release information in a timely manner are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

• Ease of use
  • Access to support resources
  • Access to new release information in a timely manner
  • Easy to digest

How has it helped my organization?

It is easy to use and seamless with our existing technology. It's a trusted name we know that we've used for years. It performs and it has very low downtime, if any.

What needs improvement?

With MQ, we always have trouble with the initial priming call failing. It would be nice if we didn't have the little wake-up service. Maybe if it self-monitored, had it's own health monitor, to fire those off upon startup, so we don't have to pay the price for it.

We are happy with the stability.

We have not had any scalability issues to my knowledge.

Our admins have used support in the past. As far as I know, they are satisfied with it. It's pretty solid and it's kind of the backbone of a lot of our stuff.

The initial install was a long time ago.

What other advice do I have?

Stick with the out-of-the-box requirements, unless something tells you to go in another direction. And if so, definitely work with the vendor to make sure that they give you the adequate tools to do that, or help you scope that out.

When selecting a vendor, support is the most important criteria.