IBM MQ Review

The scalability and high uptime are valuable.

What is most valuable?

Its scalability and uptime is very high. So, these are the two main valuable features of this product. We rarely see any downtime on MQ's side of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us, i.e., even if some of the other apps are down, we don't lose any of the customer data, so it's very beneficial from that perspective.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more clustering, high availability, and also monitoring features. Monitoring is a big part. We would like to see if we get back out queues or the queue depth goes high, so that we can be alerted on that.

It still needs some improvement, in terms of high availability and the clustering needs to be improved. Monitoring is a big piece which is missing.

We have been using this solution for the past ten years.

For the stability of this product, I would give it a 9/10 rating. Only sometimes when some queue manager dies, then at that point, we lose a couple of messages but not a whole lot.

I would give the technical support a 7/10 rating because we do get the response back, but a lot of time gets wasted in carrying out processes such as getting and sending logs, instead of coming online and sharing the screen and troubleshooting the issue.

We work with Proficient Solutions, Inc. and Prolifics. There are others as well, but these are the two major ones.

The number one criteria while selecting a vendor is availability. The other factors that we look for are proximity, their technical knowledge, market reputation and of course the pricing policy.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product. Compared to the other products on the market, it's a very good product. Based on your company needs, you should give it a try and it should work.