IBM MQ Review

Its reliability and efficiency are valuable. It would be nice to have better reporting, such as elasticsearch

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its reliability, efficiency, and the capacity to bring value.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are the satisfaction of my users (my clients), the stability of the solution, and the availability it provides.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice for the next release to have better reporting. For example, elasticsearch or ELK. We don't have that with IBM. So we have implemented our own solution.

We have a major application based on DataPowers and WebSphere servers.

We had an main issue to visualize efficiently the utilization of our WebSphere applications (load, who is using, when, how). It’s critical in defining our “capacity planning”.

Actually, we’ve developed our own reporting solution based on Kibana/Elasticsearch. Kibana analyses ours logs in real time. We have done a portal with several graphs. It is really impressive. We are very happy with our solution.

IBM doesn’t provide, by default, a reporting item as efficient as Kibana. DMGR is not as powerful and flexible.

The stability is quite good. It's strong and the performance is important.

Scalability is a bit difficult for us. Since this product is an IBM product, we have to work together with IBM to be more efficient at this point.

We are not really happy with their support. They don't have the skills to very efficiently answer our questions, so our relationship with them is difficult.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

When it's too difficult to have what we want with IBM, we develop our own, better solution and we try to integrate our own solution with IBM.

When selecting a vendor, we look for the confidence, the relationship. We have to share the same objectives and to agree in order to deliver the same value to the client.

1 visitor found this review helpful