Ibm

IBM MQ Review
Integrates one system to another system, and to .NET and Java applications.

Valuable Features:

Basically 100% message delivery and how easy it is to integrate the system to another system / .NET / Java applications are the most valuable features. It provides 100% guaranteed message delivery, so you won't lose any messages, even in the event of a MQ failure.

Improvements to My Organization:

The benefit is that we are in an industry where we cannot lose any piece of data, so MQ gives that reliability. In terms of security, like I mentioned preciously, you won't loose any of the transactions at all, even if you have a failure. It's very important to us, especially the FIFO feature (first-in, first-out) and that kind of persistent messaging. We have a billing system where whatever messages drop first need to be consumed first. Thus, these features are really good. It helps us flowing all the MQ messages.

Room for Improvement:

One of the bottlenecks for us is owing to the industry that we're in, we sometimes get the large payloads and the MQ queues that we can increase. But, the maximum payload size allowed is only 100 Mbps. So, I wish to see if it bumps up because sometimes we hit that ceiling and the message won't process. We have to find another way to mitigate one or two instances like that. It's critical, so I don't know if there are any future plans to increase that size to unlimited or at least where you can set it based on your business model, i.e., if your payload is higher, then you can set it higher.

Stability Issues:

It's pretty stable. We did not experience any downtime. Probably, there's no other product out there like MQ for messaging. It's the most reliable solution. We had our MQ running in production for almost 800-900 days without any issues, i.e., for more than three years, we didn't even have to restart, and still everything runs so smoothly.

Scalability Issues:

It's fully scalable. You can add as many queue managers or queues in there, so it's pretty flexible in terms of scalability.

I have used the technical support around one or two times, but not that much. I did have some meetings scheduled with the architecture guys at a recent IBM conference. I am quite happy with the support that I have received.

Previous Solutions:

We were not using any other solution previously. From the beginning, we implemented it. We always look up to IBM software. We have so many IBM shops with products such as the IBM AIX Servers, WebSphere Servers, WebSphere Liberty, IBM Integration Bus, IBM InfoSphere MDM Reference Data Management, IBM PA and IDMP. We have lots and lots of IBM products, including the WebSphere Portal and WebSphere Commerce, so we got a lot of things from IBM.

Other Advice:

It's a good solution and you should go for it!

When selecting a vendor, mainly the support part is very important, especially when something goes wrong in production; you don't want to leave the system down. This could cost the customer a lot of money, so having that level of support is important. Sometimes, we run into an issue where the support is not able to help, then we always reach out to our self-service representatives. After which, the ticket gets escalated and addressed pretty quickly, so that's the kind of attention required.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About IBM MQ?

Our experts can help. 218,735 professionals have used our research on 5,617 solutions.