IBM MQ Review

What is most valuable?

We use MQ just for transferring messages to and from applications. We get subscriptions, queues, topics and all the app teams love it. It is an easy way to transfer messages, so that's commonly used as a solution for us.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is, it is easy to use. You subscribe to your queue, they get the message and then they do what they need to with it. It goes on or it ends, either way; it is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

From what I understand from the team, mainly just the security piece needs to be improved, but it sounds like they already have that resolved.

Obviously, there's always a bug or two here and there that could be fixed, but they're constantly evolving and improving it.

I know that they're coming out next with IBM MQ Version 9 or 10, so they are always updating the versions. It is a very stable product.

We did experience some security issues with the older versions. As of now, people can log in as root, i.e., whoever wants to log in as root, they can. However, with the new version, they're taking that away.

I have not used any technical support for this solution.

Usually we just go with the IBM products, so I don't think we've looked outside that much for another messaging solution.

What other advice do I have?

From our perspective, we use the IBM suite. They provide great support when we need it. They're always evolving and are very stable, so all around it is a very good suite from IBM.

More IBM MQ reviews from users
...who compared it with VMware RabbitMQ
Learn what your peers think about IBM MQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.