IBM MQ Review

Allows close coupling between different domains.

What is most valuable?

It doesn't lose transactions, it's fast, and it runs on every platform.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are the same as the most valuable features. Close coupling between different domains, which reduces your total cost of ownership by not inter-tweaking everything.

What needs improvement?

For me, there are no areas with room for improvement. We are happy like it is. I don't think we have any special additional needs. I think it does what it's supposed to do and it caters to the requirements we have at this moment.

We would actually like some dashboard improvements, because we've set up some manual dashboarding. We use other tools to monitor MQ. But, if that would be a part of MQ, then we're looking at a TCO reduction again. So it would be interesting if we could get rid of these additional tools.

For me, the management is lacking. It's doable, but it's not graphical. Almost everything you need to do in command line mode. It's pretty technical.

There is no downtime. It is very stable.

We have no problems with scalability. It scales all the way around.

We have used technical support. For MQ, it's very good, compared to other products.

We didn’t have a previous solution. There was a new requirement to handle asynchronous transactions, and MQ seemed to be the best solution at that moment.

I was involved in the setup of the distributive systems. It was straightforward.

We did't look at other vendors, because, at that moment, IBM was our preferred partner, and still is, so we first looked at the IBM solution.

What other advice do I have?

Just do it.