IBM MQ Review

We can track work orders and requests, so as to provide better customer service. A more graphical user interface is required.

What is most valuable?

We use the WebSphere and also use the IBM Maximo Enterprise Management System. The most usable functionality for us is just for tracking work orders and work requests, so that we can provide better customer service.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way my organization functions by just being less paper, and more efficient with timing; again, going back to the customer service, with clients being able to close their work orders within a shorter time frame.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see a more graphical user interface type of configuration for the application.

Normally, the system is very stable but we've actually just got a call, "Part of it's down!" So, at the moment, we have got a bit of downtime.

The scalability is enormous, which creates issues as well as has benefits. The scalability adds complexity to it. It is scalable, but with some caveats.

We honestly don't utilize IBM for tech support. We have an independent partner that we use for all of our IT support for this product.

What other advice do I have?

It works well, but I think that the overall scale of what you can do with this product adds, again, to the level of complexity, as to what you need in-house for support.

Definitely, you should go out and really try and define your requirements before you actually go out to look at other products. You should know exactly how you're going to use it, and what you hope to get out of this product. Thus, you will have better information to actually go out and compare different products.