IBM MQ Review

With the pub/sub model, when data changes, we publish the changes to all the subscribers.

What is most valuable?

The pub/sub model is the one that we use heavily on IBM MQ. That's the most valuable for us. We are an enterprise team and we provide a lot of integration to the enterprise systems, so when the data changes on the enterprise systems, we publish a lot of these changes to all the subscribers, whether it's a customer change or the account changes.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides seamless integration with the enterprise and any enterprise data changes. Also, the reliability is important for us.

What needs improvement?

Using it as a service, as a platform on cloud, would be an improvement. I think it's always had room for improvement, so I would definitely put more on the cloud-based services than on what we currently use.

Also, ease of use isn't that great, as it's still considered enterprise class, whereas the more modern applications or platforms do offer modern interfaces and a way to integrate with those systems. Still, I feel its very legacy-natured.

I think the stability is great. That's one of the assets IBM MQ is known for.

So far, I think we haven't faced any scalability issues, but it is well architected in terms of its high availability and DR purposes.

I don't have any complaints about the technical support.

I think it was always an IBM MQ base which we used.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

I don't have information regarding which vendors were considered before we chose IBM MQ.

The features and the reliability of the product are important considerations when selecting a vendor.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely it's a great product. But, I think we need better interfaces.