IBM MQ Review
​Partnership with the vendor and stability of the product are most important when selecting a vendor.

What is most valuable?

Guaranteed delivery of the messages and then the ability to scale the messages the way we need it according to our application, performance, and scalability.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to make sure that every time you do a swipe on your credit card, the credit card transaction is guaranteed to transact.

What needs improvement?

Some of the new features that their competitors are coming out with. Things like AMQ are coming out with - transformation of messages with the security aspect of it and even scalability with AMQ, it's scaled at the microservices level and MQ is not quite there yet.

We're currently evaluating AMQ to see if from a cost perspective it makes sense or not to switch from IBM MQ. We still have IBM MQ.

Very stable. Within the last year or so we hardly had any issues with the MQ or the queue itself going down.

Scalability good, we can scale by the application needs and also scale by the need of the application but also the need of the infrastructure. At our peak, we're able to scale and make sure the transaction goes through.

Service is good. We've been able to meet all our SLAs in the agreement that we signed with them.

We have an enterprise level agreement with IBM. If there's any issue with MQ, we have a direct line to them.

AMQ is one of them, Kafka is the other, and of course IBM MQ has always been on the list.

We chose IBM a long time ago from all the criteria I mentioned and then at the time other players were not evolving yet. IBM MQ has been an enterprise solution for many companies and the stability's there. It made a lot of sense for us to use IBM MQ back then.

What other advice do I have?

Partnership with the vendor and stability of the product are most important when selecting a vendor. I mentioned AMQ earlier, and there's no guarantee that AMQ will be around next year.

Stability is key to the product and the performance of it, you can get high availability, high performance too, but we talk about tens of thousands TPS through the product so, from that perspective there's no other competitor on it.