IBM MQ Review

We use it in conjunction with the integration bus for testing and development. The initial launch of the application seems slow.

What is most valuable?

It makes it very easy to update and define queues, look at messages, queue depth, and queue properties. We use it in conjunction with the integration bus for testing and development.

How has it helped my organization?

It's very handy, graphical, easy to use, pretty, and intuitive.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure. I've been working with it for about two years, so I'm still learning, but I like it. I'm pretty satisfied with it. But, the initial launch of the application seems to be pretty slow. Once you're inside, it does respond pretty quickly; it's just that initial load that takes a while.

I've had very good luck with it. It's a little bit slow when you open it, but once you're inside, it seems to respond very well.

It handles everything we have. We have multiple queue managers and broker managers running on different servers, and you can connect to multiples of them. I haven't had any issues with doing that.

I haven't used technical support, but my group has.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise them to go ahead and use it.

When looking for a vendor, I look at stability, their prevalence in the market, other companies using it, and the ability to get support for the product.

More IBM MQ reviews from users
...who compared it with Apache Kafka
Learn what your peers think about IBM MQ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.