IBM Netezza Performance Server Review

SQL is 100% ANSI compliant, but support for interfaces has been poor.

What is most valuable?

• The ability to load data very quickly
  • SQL is 100% ANSI compliant
  • Queries run very fast and require no hints (Oracle)
  • No space management
  • Tuning SQL is generally pretty easy

How has it helped my organization?

For every organization that I have been in that has Netezza, the ability to load and run queries is greatly simplified and A LOT faster than any other DBMS out there.

What needs improvement?

Netezza is just starting on real time integration with Big Insights (big data). Support for interfaces has been poor. Hoping this improves.

I've used it for nine years.

No issues encountered.

Netezza servers used to have disk issues in the early days, however, for the most part this has been addressed.

No issues encountered.

9/10.

9/10.

I have used Oracle and Teradata as a DBA. I have found Netezza to be the easiest in terms of DBA management

Very straightforward. Data movement is very easy. It works better if you do 1 large file as opposed to several small files

Netezza servers are installed by IBM but implementations are sometimes handled in house and for others it maybe a mixture with BI vendors. We are a BI vendor and do implementations.

Most shops I am in have used Oracle, Sql Server, or Teradata. Depending on what the data is being used for (OLTP, OLAP). OLAP is the best application for a Netezza server.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners with IBM.
More IBM Netezza Performance Server reviews from users