IBM Netezza Performance Server Review

What is most valuable?

• Scalability
  • User friendly
  • Always innovative

How has it helped my organization?

Billions of data are processed within an optimal amount of time, and it supports almost real-time analytics. This helps the executives to define their strategy for further expansion and identify potential opportunities with informed decisions.

What needs improvement?

It has already integrated with Big Data Hadoop; however, integration with XML is still not there for nzload utility.If nzlad supports XML files along with flat flies ,it will give them an edge over other MPP Architecture.

I've used it for eight years.

It's the best.

We used other MPP architecture solutions such as Microsoft PDW and Teradata. However, Netezza has an edge as it is convenient to use and it doesn't need a database administrator to perform a successful implementation of a Netezza migration from any RDBMS.

The initial setup is straightforward as it is an appliance. IBM's technical support team takes care of the entire setup process, and you don't need an expert in Netezza to perform the implementation.

We did it in-collaboration with IBM, and in my opinion, this is the best way to embrace new technology. Once you gradually build up your capability in new technology, you should then take control of it with your in-house talented experts.

We had a significant ROI as business increased multi-fold with such a scalable solution.

Compared to other MPP's, Netezza's pricing is quite reasonable considering long term business expansion with low maintenance cost.

What other advice do I have?

Any potential customer who has an inclination towards large scale analytics, should consider Netezza as an option. This not only gives a faster response, but you can also save on resource cost compared to other MPP's. Netezza's maintenance cost is quite low and this will give you an edge for long term revenue growth.

More IBM Netezza Performance Server reviews from users