IBM Planning Analytics Review

Quick data analysis, reliable, AI improvement needed

What is most valuable?

Navigating through the data to make analysis is really quick.

What needs improvement?

It would have been better if the solution was not just a tool kit. They did not embed some functionalities already developed, we are having to develop them ourselves. It would be helpful to have pre-packaged data functionality already developed and the only thing you need to do is configure and use it.

When I worked with IBM it was with a consulting company, I have made projects for many customers and we always developed starting from nothing. They have already begun to integrate AI into the prediction forecast for the future. This will give the possibility to have a predictive data based on AI. I would like to see more AI in future releases.

I have been using the solution for 11 years.

It is a stable product. We have customers that encounter issues, but we always fixed it. There are many projects that we have made, some of the companies have a lot of customers. They are in production in many sectors, such as bank sectors. The main problem is when the server shuts down without warning. It is our big nightmare.

It is a scalable solution.

I have contacted the support, they successfully resolved my issues. It took some time, but it was resolved. They could be faster on resolving issues.

It is complicated to install the solution. You need to consultant with special skills and experienced technical team.

I would advise using consultants, it can be difficult to implement.

What other advice do I have?

Basic level users cannot develop the application. However, you might manage to develop it, but you make a big risk that you will develop not following best practice. The cube population might be voluminous, and the calculation could be too slow if you do not respect some best practices.

I rate IBM Planning Analytics a seven out of ten.

More IBM Planning Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Board International, Jedox and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.