IBM PowerVM Review

A versatile, secure, and flexible solution for our virtualization

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for virtualization in an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like most is the versatility.

This solution is very secure when compared to others.

This is a very flexible solution.

This is a portable solution that you can locate wherever you want.

What needs improvement?

Any improvements that can be made in the interface will go a long way to helping us work better.

I have been using this solution for fourteen years.

This solution is very stable.

We are very happy with the scalability of this solution.

We have this solution deployed countrywide, so we have a lot of people using it at one time.

In terms of administration, there are only a few of us.

I have been in touch with the technical support for this solution, and support from IBM is always the best. Once you log a service request, they get back to you as quickly as possible. We get the results we want, mostly.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward whether you do it from the interface, or instead type in commands.

We began with this solution by ourselves, but we have enlisted the assistance of a partner who does all of the updates.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is by IBM and they are a vendor who does what they say they're going to do.

I recommend IBM and this solution any day. Without hesitation, I would suggest to anybody that they try it.

Overall, I am happy with this solution, although more research and any new additions are always welcome.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More IBM PowerVM reviews from users