IBM PowerVM Review

Makes the control environment more flexible, easier, more stable, and easy to recover after issues

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of PowerVM is for our core banking system. We split our servers into multiple partitions, each one has a specific task for the project.

How has it helped my organization?

It's in English, so its exceptional qualities make the control environment more flexible, easier, more stable, and easy to recover after issues. Overall, it has many advantages over using different servers.

What needs improvement?

IBM now makes provides us with quality GUI tools to make the experience easier and successful.

I don't have an issue with the current configuration or with the GUI. I worked on both with the team.

I would like for IBM to be more focused on the cloud.

I have been using PowerVM for the last six years.

It is very stable.

The scalability is very good.

It's easy to set up. It has easy protocols to setup. To some extent, it can be difficult. If you follow the guide provided by IBM I think it would be easy to undermine the environment.

You have to implement it in two phases. You have to implement partitions which carry our loads of our function of our environment. Implementation of this is easy. To adjust administration, according to the requirements of publication of the organization, you have to consider some steps for it to work as storage. If you have the steps you should follow, it will be easy.

It took one week to fully deploy.

It took two people to deploy the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I think everybody is going to be migrating to cloud and I think that IBM can make things easier if they also did this.

I would rate IBM PowerVM nine out of ten.

In the next release, I hope to see an extension of both the end part with the GUI.

More IBM PowerVM reviews from users