IBM Public Cloud Review

This dedicated server allowed me to reliably and securely provide data access to my clients

What is our primary use case?

My primary use for IBM Cloud is to have it act as a dedicated server for my database. Other use cases include using it for telco, telecom services. I needed a dedicated server for the database. Many apps in the market actually use my database for their services, so that is why I need a dedicated, reliable server.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most useful with this product are their reliability and their support.

What needs improvement?

An improvement that I would like to see is better configuration capability. So far, our service is only large enough to demand one server. Their service and their website is okay in servicing our needs. We find it reliable and user-friendly. However, features wise, they could enhance their support interface and the report detail. I would like to know how much bandwidth I am actually using and maybe get better, more frequent report details. Doing small things like that can make the service better.

We have been using this IBM product for four or five years.

It is very stable, of course.

I am not using the scalable option and I have not tried it. My AWS service is scalable because I use it for specific things and sometimes the traffic is high. If the traffic is high, they automatically scale the database size and then I pay some extra money for that. But I am not using AWS all the time because everything does not need to be scalable.

From an internal standpoint the IBM solution is scalable. We have 15 users internally and we can scale that usage at any time.

I think that the technical support is good. Excellent really. Anytime I need something they are dependable and willing to help me out.

The licensing fees are straightforward and predictable.

What other advice do I have?

The advice that I would have for people considering this service would be that they should try it. If they are something like a small enterprise, they can use this IBM solution. It is very clear and easy to understand the interfaces, services, and easy to understand the pricing. They can be sure how it will work and how it will fit into their budget before they use it.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate it as a 10. It does exactly what I expect it to, it is a good service, and there are no surprises.

More IBM Public Cloud reviews from users