IBM Public Cloud Review

Good support and cost-effective, but the virtual network is very poor in Brazil and they need more options for databases

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we have moved a few of our customers with simple infrastructures to the IBM Cloud.

What is most valuable?

For non-complex applications, the IBM Cloud works fine and the price is much lower than the competitors.

What needs improvement?

In Brazil, they only have one site, which is a big problem.

They do not have a very good virtual network implemented, and the VPC is the most important feature that needs to be improved.

They need to have more options for databases.

The load-balancer and out-scaling need to be improved.

The IBM Cloud is less stable than AWS, Google, and Oracle.

The local support in Brazil is good. We have a partnership with IBM and the support that we get from them is very good.

I have experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, and Oracle, and I think that IBM is the provider with the fewest number of services available. They have a long path ahead of them, in terms of services that need to be implemented on their cloud.

We had a consulting service from IBM and from the distributors, Ingram Micro, to assist with deployment.

The IBM Cloud is priced well, and much lower than offerings by the competitors.

The commercial model is different from the other providers. In order to be competitive, you have to commit to a contract for at least one year, but you pay a fixed monthly fee. This is one of the advantages because, with the competitors, the amount you pay varies every month.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

IBM
More IBM Public Cloud reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Amazon AWS
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Amazon, Microsoft and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.