IBM QRadar Review

Easy to install and use, but the GUI and reporting features need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We use QRadar to detect and gather information about any product vulnerabilities and any sort of attack on the network. It's able to help detect suspicious activity that is coming into the system.

We are also selling this product.

What is most valuable?

This product is easy to install, integrate, and use.

It has very rich functionality.

What needs improvement?

QRadar needs to be more specialized, along the lines of what other SIEM solutions are. It needs to be more detailed.

Incorporating an AI component is needed, where the learning feature identifies malicious activities coming into the network.

The GUI and reporting need to be improved.

The footprint needs to be optimized because the application footprint is too heavy. The machine requires a very high amount of resources.

I have been working with IBM QRadar for between three and four years.

This is a very stable product.

QRadar is a scalable solution.

Technical support is very good.

I feel that the price is reasonable but compared to other products that are on the market, such as an offering by Microsoft, it is more expensive.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product but there is room for improvement in several areas, including the integration of advanced data mining.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.