IBM QRadar Review

A stable, scalable, and easy-to-use solution that lets you view users' activities

What is most valuable?

The UBA feature is the most valuable because you can see everything about users' activities.

What needs improvement?

The threat intelligence functionality can be better. In addition, it can have more monitoring capabilities.

I started to use it two to three years ago.

Its stability is very good. I don't have any problem with it.

It has good scalability. It is easy to scale, but it is a little bit expensive to scale because you have to pay a lot for everything.

Their technical support is good.

I have also used Kibana. It is a good tool. The biggest difference between Kibana and QRadar is that Kibana is an open-source SIEM integration solution. So, you need more professionals, and you have to do everything by yourself, whereas in the case of QRadar, you get everything. You are paying not only for QRadar but also for other things like support and integration. In an open-source SIEM integration solution like KIbana, you don't get these things.

It is an easy tool for me, so the initial setup was easy for me, but it might not be easy for everyone. If you compare it with Kibana, QRadar is easier to implement.

The implementation strategy was to follow the users, collect the logs, and then implement QRadar.

We implemented it ourselves.

Its price is good in terms of efficiency and the number of people required for implementing various things. You might pay more in terms of money, but you might save on the number of people. For example, if you are using Kibana, you have to pay more for people or experts, which is not the case with IBM QRadar.

What other advice do I have?

When you go for this solution, you are paying not only for the product but also for integration, good staff to help you, scalability, and many other things. There are many things that you can use in QRadar. It is easy to use.

I would rate IBM QRadar a nine out of ten.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
533,285 professionals have used our research since 2012.