IBM QRadar Review

Good detect rate with a small number of false positives, and support resolves issues quickly

What is our primary use case?

We used this product as a SIEM, for information security.

How has it helped my organization?

This product collects all of the system logs and analyzes them to see if there are any security threats, or there have been any attacks. If there are, then it will alert the administrator to take the appropriate actions.

What is most valuable?

The detection rate is good and the false positive rate is low. Having a low false-positive rate is good because it means that if an alert happens then it is very likely a real attack.

QRadar is quite flexible. Out of ten, I would rate flexibility a nine.

What needs improvement?

They should speed up the incident response and also, at the same time, reduce the amount of manual effort that is required.

A nice enhancement would be the incorporation of more artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities.

We have used IBM QRadar for approximately two years.

I would rate the stability a ten out of ten. We have had the occasional bug or other issue but once we report it to IBM, they give us a resolution quite quickly.

Technical support is quick to resolve issues.

We developed our own application to use as a SIEM, but we switched to QRadar.

The initial setup is complex and the deployment takes approximately three months.

It would be great if this product were cheaper.

We did evaluate other options before selecting this product.

What other advice do I have?

Within the past year, IBM developed a SaaS version of QRadar, which is a nice option.

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to implement the latest IBM offerings together. QRadar is just one of the products, and multiple products can be combined to create the best solution for their needs.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.