IBM QRadar Review

Easy to use, provides environment visibility, and assists with incident discovery in advance of problems to the business

What is our primary use case?

We are using QRadar as a managed service.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helps us to find security incidents before they become a problem to the business. We are able to attend to them quicker and we can put protection in place so that should they occur again, we are able to deal with them more easily.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The modularity could be improved.

We have been using IBM QRadar for three years.

This is a very stable product.

We have had no issues with scalability and we have approximately 1,500 users. We are not using its full capabilities at the moment because we are still growing. In the next year or two, we will see.

I don't deal with IBM directly. Rather, I deal with our service provider and they deal with IBM.

The initial set was very easy for us because we just bought what we were looking for, and not the entire infrastructure.

The company that we subscribe to for this service takes care of the installation, maintenance, and management of it. They give us updates that concern the features we use, so the maintenance doesn't affect us much.

We use QRadar as a managed service and we pay licensing fees to the partner.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good tool to have because it gives you the ability to track what is currently happening in your environment. Otherwise, if you did not have that, you'd only react to an event or an incident that has already caused problems. The proactiveness goes a long way because it saves your environment and your business from being negatively affected.

In summary, this is a good product but there is always room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.