IBM QRadar Review

It takes log files from different viewpoints and puts them together in one place. I would like to see better support.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the co-ordination of the data it has, such as getting all sorts of log files from different viewpoints and putting it together in one place, so that the incident responders can get all the data they need to see the bigger picture.

How has it helped my organization?

We get more insights into the company's assets and vulnerabilities.

What needs improvement?

It is hard to tell which areas have room from improvement because we always think of new features and inform them to IBM, which they include in the next patch.

We recently went to an IBM conference to look into the Watson feature and see what they could do for us.

I would like to see better support. Their support is good, but I would say, they could do better.

For us, it's kind of wonky because we always try to be bleeding edge and always try to do updates. So, we're always pushing the system to its limit. It's pretty stable, but we always have open issues with it, with IBM.

The scaling was done pretty well with IBM and the architecture teams. I think our system has scaled appropriately.

The technical support really depends on who you get, at the time you call. There are good guys and bad guys. I can't really say. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give them a 4/5 rating from our experience. We have a pretty good relationship with them.

When I started out, this product was already bought and implemented by my company.

The setup was a mixture of both, i.e., simple and complex.

It was complex because I had never dealt with it before. I had never set up a system like that. At the end, it got better.

What other advice do I have?

You should totally go for it. I've seen a couple systems out there, but I think IBM QRadar is one of the better solutions available.

Professionalism and to always be there when I call are the most important criteria when selecting a vendor. With IBM it's pretty good. We have our sales guy, who is always on top of everything.