IBM QRadar Review

The UI is the most valuable feature, and the product is stable.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this product is the nice UI. It is easy and quick to get the information you're looking for.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits are that it's easy to navigate the UI and to get the information as quickly as possible. We're able to resolve problems quicker, so that we get to the solution in an easier manner.

What needs improvement?

It would probably be better to get more access to the APIs.

The product is very stable. I don't have any issues with stability at all.

Scalability is nice, as well. We have a distributed environment and it's real easy to both manage and upgrade. Anything we need to do, we can do it from the console.

On a scale of 1-10, probably seven; I would rate the technical support team a 7/10.

We were previously using a different solution that just wasn't getting the job done. It was taking too long to get where we needed to get to.

The setup was very straightforward. The special services team gave us insight and helped out to resolve any issues.

QRadar was at the top our list. We also looked at other solutions such as HPE ArcSight and Splunk. The reason we went with QRadar is because we could bring it on-prem, which made it nice, and we also use other IBM products as well.

In general, when selecting a vendor, support is probably going to be the number one criteria. Then, the second criteria is the availability of the product; the product is not very good if it's not available, it's broken, etc.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you try them all and then, pick the one that you think would work the best. It's nice to value other people's opinions, but it's better to test all the products and choose what you think would be best, for whatever your need is.

It's very easy and initiative. It's just a good overall solution, compared to the other ones I've used.