IBM QRadar Review

If we feel that there is anything going on in the application, it collects the logs, we monitor them, and we get alerts. I would like proper integration with the cloud, not only the IBM cloud.

What is most valuable?

We are using it for monitoring different systems, and we are monitoring the logs with QRadar. This is one of the good tools which we have identified, and we are using it for monitoring the application.

How has it helped my organization?

Any issues regarding monitoring, if we feel that there is anything going on in the application, QRadar collects the logs, we monitor those logs, and we get alerts for those logs.

What needs improvement?

Reporting should be very good, and a proper integration with cloud, not only the IBM cloud, but with other clouds also.

The stability is good. I never got a complaint, but sometimes we have difficulty in configuring new applications. Since it is going into the cloud, we have a big challenge how we are going to monitor those applications which are sitting in Bluemix.

The scalability is good. We have been using and increasing the applications most of the time.

I think my team has used technical support. They are responsive, I can say it is 8-9/10.

We were using a different solution, and we moved to QRadar. It has some more benefits than our previous solution. We have totally transferred to QRadar now.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

We have evaluated only the large vendors. As we have a long-standing relationship with IBM, that's why we moved to QRadar. I don't know which other vendors were on the shortlist for evaluation.

What other advice do I have?

If you have the budget, go for QRadar. It depends on the company size. It's expensive.