IBM QRadar Review

It summarizes all the other security products.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our ability to research and detect anomalous behavior and activity within our network. It has really helped us in our ability to research active threats. We saw the threats when we implemented it, and we saw that we had all kinds of deficiencies in our network infrastructure that we were unaware of previously.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to summarize all the other security products and give us a one-stop-shop dashboard.

IBM has added a new UBA (User Behavior Analytics) app to QRadar that uses the cognitive abilities of Watson to detect and prioritize user activity and risks on the network. It analyzes log activity already recorded so it can begin providing insights quickly after installation.

What needs improvement?

I'm anxious to see the Watson integration. We just finished an upgrade of our appliance so that we can be eligible to do the Watson integration. I'm anxious to see how that works.

It works well. We've been using it for a year now. It's helped us greatly to cut down on the time it takes to research a problem or to actually find the problem.

In terms of scalability, so far, so good. What we've purchased so far is well with the infrastructure that we have. I know there are options to buy additional components should I need them.

We use a business partner for implementation and support. They are always involved with it. They are not IBM.

We weren't previously using a different solution. As security becomes more and more important, we added different security components from IBM, with QRadar being the last one. We needed some way to see all the data, all the information, and get it together in one single source of truth.

I was involved as far as picking and approving the solution. I was not involved in the installation.

What other advice do I have?

We try to do everything all at once.

Find the right partner to help you do the implementation.

When picking a vendor, we look for the support, the ease of the installation, and the future of the product.

1 visitor found this review helpful