IBM QRadar Review

Using it through IBM's Managed Security Services, they keep us alerted of what events are hitting, and adapting for it. I'd like to see tighter integration with other IBM products.

What is most valuable?

What is valuable is that we're using it through IBM's MSS services, and that they're doing a really good job of keeping us alerted of what events are hitting, and adapting for it.

How has it helped my organization?

It benefits us from a standpoint that we're very immature in our review of how security should be approached, and it's really helped us move up to modern awareness of what's going on on the internet.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see, and they're getting there, is more integration; tighter integration with some of the other IBM Security products. They're moving a lot tighter to BigFix. BigFix has a lot of power in it, and MaaS360 also has a lot of power in it. I'd like to see those more tightly integrated.

We have not had any stability or scalability issues. We're a little concerned about the latest version and the fact that it cannot be upgraded, that it requires a clean install.

We have not really used technical support, because it's a managed service, so we call the SOC and they help us. They are very helpful.

We just really sold our CIO and CTO on the fact that we need to do better than we are, where we're at today. We had a lot of virus challenges, like most companies, and malware, so we had to figure out how to reduce that.

I was involved in the initial setup. Well, IBM did it, since it was a managed service. It was pretty straightforward.

We looked at numerous other players. We chose IBM because it has a lot of power, and you can grow it as much as and however you want it to.

When I am looking for a vendor, I don't look for a VAR, I look for a partner.

What other advice do I have?

If you're going to implement it, implement it using managed services, because it's too complex of a product to try to do yourself.