IBM QRadar Review

The most valuable feature is the ability to get the logs and analyze them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to get the logs and analyze them. These logs help us in terms of analyzing and actually using Watson on them. It's a pretty great tool for intelligence. I think it is really a great product.

How has it helped my organization?

To be able to get the logs and analyze them has improved the way my organization functions. You can see where the source destination is coming from. You can actually see the data and pause the dashboard. It actually helps you to analyze the data the way you are supposed to. Nobody else is doing that right now.

What needs improvement?

I don't have any problems with the solution right now. As I play with the tools, then I will actually come up with different ideas.

I was able to help out with IBM Guardium version 10. I was helping out with a couple of developers who actually developed the application itself.

I want to see more integration between QRadar and other applications like BigFix and a couple of other tools and applications out there. There are a lot of applications out there. QRadar security intelligence might be one of the best right now.

There were no stability issues with QRadar. We've had a couple of stability issues with all the applications that I run. I don't want to mention names.

I’ve used technical support, and they were OK. I used to work for IBM.

I was involved in the initial setup. It was straightforward and not complex.

I work as security engineer for the Department of Justice. We test hundreds of applications. I actually see which ones work best for the infrastructure.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest QRadar. The security intelligence is one of the best right now.

When looking for a vendor, I want to be able to win them. I want them to accept the fact that I’m looking for a product for what I am doing and I have a couple of requirements.

From there, I can actually tell them what they need to do, or what I need to do, in the environment.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users