IBM QRadar Review

Easy to set up but support is lacking

What is our primary use case?

There are many use cases for this solution. One example is we are using this solution to monitor user site access to band sites.

What needs improvement?

The solution is highly used here in Pakistan and in many sectors, they could improve it by having more SIEM connectors.

I have been using this solution for approximately four years.

The stability is good until you upgrade to a new version. You have to properly shut down services when you are doing some maintenance activities every three to four months. There might be some problems that you do not expect. We have had some complaints from users regarding operation.

We have had bad experiences with support from IBM. We are not satisfied with the support and they have made me very angry. My customers have had similar experiences.

The initial setup of QRadar is not complex because we have done it before and we are used to the development. It is getting easier all the time.

There is a license required for this solution and it is an annual payment. I have found all solutions in the category to be expensive, including Splunk.

I am evaluating Splunk.

What other advice do I have?

Here in Pakistan, this solution has already saturated the financial market.

I rate IBM QRadar a five out of ten.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.