IBM QRadar Review

It has a high degree of interconnection with other systems

What is our primary use case?

• Origination process in banks.
  • Insurance claims on insurance companies.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a consulting company, but our clients use it to ensure that the process has been followed. We have the abilities to monitor each instance which originates on the process along with the performance of each department. In addition, clients can enter detail in at the instance level.

What is most valuable?

• UI capabilities
  • High degree of interconnection with other systems.
  • The business activity monitoring on the part of the solution.

What needs improvement?

For the common needs of clients to fulfill requirements, a real integration with Blueworks Live (BPA modeling tool also from IBM) and a more suitable BPM on cloud solution for midsize customers.

More than five years.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

The technical support is good enough.

We previously used Oracle BPM. We switched for a BPM project with IBM, because it has a better tool at the same price level range.

Always the sizing on any BPM project is challenging, as with any BPM tool.

IBM is a Ferrari if you are beginning with a concept. If it will be a pilot project, take a look at Red Hat Process Automation Manager or jBPM. Be realistic about the users' quantity. A good approach would be to begin with an On Cloud subscription, then later on do a more exact sizing.

We evaluated Red Hat and Bonita. We now prefer Red Hat for the price.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure you have the functional skills on BPM and the technical skills on IBM BPM.

We used to be IBM partners, but are not anymore. Now, we are Red Hat partners.