IBM QRadar Review

Enables us to ensure that the data being transferred from one company to another is done securely but it needs better cloud security

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for the security. We use it to make sure that the data that is being transferred from one company to the other is being done securely.

How has it helped my organization?

The security has improved my organization.

What is most valuable?

The securing of data is the most important feature because nowadays as cloud has come in, it is especially challenging to secure. We are actually planning for Palo Alto to be a better option because IBM needs better security for their cloud.

What needs improvement?

If IBM provides me with a better service or better options than Palo Alto, I would remain with IBM. As for my knowledge, I recently evaluated Palo Alto that has better security features, especially for a client's email.

Before we didn't have any security issues but recently a few of the user emails were hacked. We had to actually recreate their emails for them.

If IBM could give us a complete package of on-cloud solutions, firewall, antivirus, and also mobile security, that would make it a lot better. Nowadays people are using mobile and tablets, rather than laptops or computers.

We get updates from IBM directly but then the users have to update. There are challenges where sometimes if we update the client's system, it takes a lot of time to update.

More than five years.

Stability is very good. It's better than it used to be.

Scalability is very good.

Everyone has used this solution for security purposes. We use it daily.

The support is very good. We get support whenever we need it. Sometimes they respond immediately and sometimes it will be within 24 hours. We can ask them to please do it right away and they can get a request done within an hour or two.

The initial setup is fine. The moment we send the packets for an update it's easy but then there are challenges for the users. We have actually changed the hardware, so it got updated. We have to check if the problems are due to the hardware or due to the software.

The initial setup normally will take a day. it depends on the number of users. We have 300 users on the system which took around ten days.

We require five to ten staff members for deployment and maintenance.

Before we went with IBM, we didn't look at other solutions but recently I looked into switching to Palo Alto and also evaluated Fortinet.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to evaluate several solutions, compare them, and if there is an option for customization check with the solution provider, and then go for it.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. It's a good solution, we've used it for a long time, but then there are a few issues with security.