IBM QRadar Review

The product is easy to use, but it needs a comprehensive PDF user guide

What is our primary use case?

We use it to detect security incidents.

What is most valuable?

• IBM Resilient Incident
  • IBM Threat Intelligence
  • IBM QRadar is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The user guide is not readily available. I would suggest the support or technical team release a PDF guide, like Splunk, SolarWinds, or ArcSight. This will be good for consultants or whomever is using QRadar. This would be really helpful. I have searched on a lot on sites, but I have not found a single PDF containing everything. Our consultants are taking too much time understanding the product's technical aspects.

They could arrange a demo on their website so user who register may use WebEx or any type of meeting invitation, and the support team could give a demo. Having hands-on technology is important. We lost a few clients, because they asked us, "Do you have hands-on QRadar?" At that time, we said, "No, but we will cover it." Due to this, we didn't get the project. Clients wants consultants who are certified in QRadar. Even after completing the certification as a QRadar deployment professional, I would suggest QRadar release any documentation or give an online demo, like videos on YouTube. It would increase publicity and public appeal.

Less than one year.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

I haven't contact the technical support yet.

We have a security consultant for our deployments.

We haven't deployed yet, but our client has deployed IBM QRadar. We have been monitoring it, creating rules, and fine tuning it. These are my responsibility with respect to QRadar.

I did not get opportunity or experience to deploy the QRadar into the client's environment.

We are recommending IBM QRadar, SolarWinds, and ArcSight to our clients.