IBM QRadar Review

Enchances Security Through Vulnerability Management and Increased Visibility

What is our primary use case?

I'm the technical consultant here at ActivEdge Technologies. Our primary use case for this solution is for Security Intelligence and Event Monitoring (SIEM) p. We provide protection services models for an organization's networks through a sophisticated technology which permits a proactive security posture. We have a business relationship with IBM QRadar as well as being a partner. We are a partner and we also use this feature. It's an integrated solution. We design it to be compatible with our client's network devices to maintain real-time monitoring through a centralized console. Our clients rely on us to create value.

How has it helped my organization?

QRadar has significantly improved our security. It has reduced threats considerably. The solution provides increased visibility along with actionable intelligence. We are looking into implementing it to proactively take steps to prevent or reduce the attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would have to be the products' ability to customize vulnerability management settings and the ability to customize integration functions.

What needs improvement?

I can't see any need for service improvements because I feel it's easy to use and very functional as it is. There could be improvements made to the UI, the user interface. Though the newer version, 7.3.2, might already have this improvement in place.

It's very stable. We never need much help with that.

The solution is very scalable; it's designed to be, it's distributed architecture. It's entirely scalable.

Currently, there are five domain users working with this solution. We don't have visibility on our end user count due to the fact that end users don't need to log on to the application.

Our maintenance needs require just one experienced QRadar analyst to moderate.

Technical support has proven to be very helpful.

The initial setup wasn't straightforward. The setup is situation specific.

The deployment for us took about 3 months.

Implementation was done in-house.

What other advice do I have?

I think this product adds significant value to organizations seeking a scalable, security integration tool. It does a great job of identifying, classifying, prioritizing, remediating, and mitigating software vulnerabilities. It's a good solution

On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the best, I give this product a rating of 9.