IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics Review

Free of charge and fully integrated with QRadar SIEM

What is our primary use case?

User Behavior Analytics is a part of IBM QRadar. It's a kind of application that can be installed over IBM QRadar SIEM. The primary use case is to detect user behavior anomalies, and through these anomalies, detect and better understand different threats and attacks.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find the most useful is that IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics is free of charge. It's a fully free product that can be installed on top of IBM QRadar SIEM.

What needs improvement?

The user interface and configurability of IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics can be improved. It has a lot of pre-configured settings and not many things can be changed.

It also needs more integrations. Currently, User Behavior Analytics is integrated only with IBM QRadar. It could have deeper integrations.

It can also have more complicated scoring models. Currently, it has a very simple linear scoring model for users.

I have been using this solution for about two years. We implement this solution as well as do demonstrations. We are also using it.

It's quite stable.

It could be quite scalable, but it is not so easy to use when you have a lot of users. Because of the user interface shortcomings, it's not so useful when you have thousands of users.

The second line of support is quite inexperienced in User Behavior Analytics, and they rarely are able to help. We had several serious issues with this product, which made it impossible to use for a customer. We had to spend a lot of time in finding the right person to help us in resolving the issues.

The initial setup is really straightforward. IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics is very easy to deploy. Usually, if someone has already installed QRadar SIEM, then deploying User Behavior Analytics takes two to three hours.

It's free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

I like IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics. I would rate it an eight of ten. It still needs a lot of improvement, but its main advantage is that it's fully integrated with a SIEM system, and it's free of charge.

More IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Securonix Solutions, Splunk and others in User Behavior Analytics - UEBA. Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.