IBM Rational ALM Review

Helps us to contain source code and documents but it has usability issues

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-premises deployment model of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us contain critical things, like source code and several documents, which is very important to us.

What needs improvement?

Of course, it would be related to customer experience. The solution is not user-friendly at all. It needs an expert to use it, although the reporting feature was okay.

I'm fine with the tool. From my point of view, it's all about usability. It should be simplified and it should be more user-friendly.

I've been using IBM Rational for around five years.

Its stability is perfect.

The scalability of this solution is good.

Currently, the IT and software development departments are using this solution. I believe that is about 50 people.

The initial setup was too complex. The installation process was the responsibility of one of our system administrators. It can't be easily installed by normal users. They have additional materials on how to install it, but I believe it's too complex.

The decision was made, because we are partners, so we could do the installation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

When giving a recommendation, I would say that if you are looking for stability, you have to go for this product. If you are concerned with usability and simplicity of the product, I would recommend Microsoft Team Foundation or JIRA instead.

The problem is the complexity of the installation and it's not user-friendly regarding the usability.

I would rate this tool as six out of ten, with a low rating due to the usability issues.