IBM Rational DOORS Review

It's stable and hasn't crashed, unlike the previous version, but it's too expensive for us to have a per-user license.

Valuable Features

The DXL Library DXL script routines/algorithms and the DOORS importer.

Improvements to My Organization

It's saved us time, as much as 35% when compared to v9.3.03.

Room for Improvement

None as IBM have left v9.5 as the extant version and now moved it into DOORS Next Generation.

Use of Solution

I've used Rational DOORS since 2009, and v9.56 for 18 months.

No issues encountered.

It is the most stable platform, and did not crash once unlike v9.3.03 version that we had previously.

We used it on one programme to start with, but when I left the company, we were using it on five separate programmes.

We were using IBM directly, and they were 10/10.

10/10 - IBM take real pride in their technical support activity with customers.

No we didn't, as we were under contract to use DOORS.

It installed really well, and it has a straightforward license key operation.

Implementation Team

It was done in-house, but our engineers had guidance and support from IBM, which was excellent.

ROI

It's massive, as it's a contract requirement. DOORS v9.5 enabled us to satisfy all our customer demands with relative ease. Can't quantify the ROI in financial terms though.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

DOORS rules are that you have licences per company which give access to the software according to the users who need access at a particular time. Most businesses would probably find it too expensive to have a single licence per every DOORS user.

Other Solutions Considered

No other solutions were looked at due to contractual requirements.

Other Advice

Use DOORS Next Generation or later versions of DOORS v9.X