IBM Rational DOORS Review

We used it to track the impact a new product's requirements had on an existing system, but it's not model-based, lacking integration of requirements, system diagrams, etc.

Valuable Features

The product was being used for developing and tracking new requirements for a system we were working on. There wasn't one specific feature that comes to mind, as it was approximately 12 months ago that I was using the product to develop requirements.

Improvements to My Organization

The product was used to better track and structure requirements we were developing for a new product that was to be integrated into an existing system with its own requirements. It was a way for us to track new requirements and its impact on existing ones.

Room for Improvement

None comes to mind right now. I know that the group was discussing the movement towards model-based systems engineering where they were looking into alternate products that allows the integration of requirements, system diagrams, etc. all in one tool.

Use of Solution

I used it last year, for one year.

No issues encountered,

No issues encountered,

I never had to use customer service.

I never had to use tech support,.

More IBM Rational DOORS reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Rational DOORS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.