IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

Supports web and mobile applications, very scalable, very stable, and wonderful support

What is our primary use case?

This product is basically for performance testing of web applications and mobile applications. It is used for all sorts of performance and load testing. We are currently using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It can support both web applications and mobile applications, and in certain cases, it can also support testing of desktop applications or software-based applications. You can write web applications, mobile applications, and software-based applications.

What needs improvement?

There are some features that Micro Focus LoadRunner provides, but they are not available in IBM Rational Performance Tester. They should include such features.

It can also have more reports similar to what HP provides. It might also need some improvement in terms of the tools and support for other technology areas. Certain technologies are not supported by every tool. They need to support all sorts of technologies and platforms on which web applications and mobile applications are built. They need complete support for all sorts of technologies.

I have been using IBM Rational Performance Tester since its inception. It has been 10 to 15 years.

It is a very stable product. It competes with Micro Focus LoadRunner.

It is a very scalable product. It can support the load of thousands of users, and it works very smoothly. I have more than ten customers who use this solution. We plan to keep using this solution. This product is being continued by IBM, and it is a very good product.

Their technical support is wonderful. They provide wonderful support. As a part of the first sale, IBM gives support for this tool to people who buy or evaluate the product. After that, you have to renew support every year.

It was straightforward. It takes hardly a day to install and configure everything.

I installed it myself. We use it ourselves, and it is also used by our customers.

For the basic features, you don't need a technical person, but for advanced testing or customized application testing, when you have to write the code, you need a technical person. Other than that, it is very user-friendly, and any person who knows about testing can use it.

It is much cheaper than Micro Focus LoadRunner. We need perpetual licenses.

Support is included in the first sale. After that, you need to renew support every year.

We had the option of Micro Focus LoadRunner, but it was very costly.

What other advice do I have?

I strongly recommend this solution to others. They can use IBM Rational Performance Tester without any problems for their web applications, mobile application, or software-based applications.

I would rate IBM Rational Performance Tester an eight out of ten.

More IBM Rational Performance Tester reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Micro Focus, Microsoft and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.