IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

I can test more than one performance test type, but it would be better if this tool supported database connections directly.

Valuable Features

• Less coding needed
  • Easy to understand
  • Easy integrating it with existing systems
  • I can test more than one performance test type (load testing, stress testing, scalability testing, etc)

Room for Improvement

Overall, all the features have been improved, especially if you need powerful performance testing tools. But, it would be better if this tool supported database connections directly, instead of importing from .csv file

Use of Solution

I've used it for seven months.

8/10.

8/10.

Previously, I used JMeter, because if we are talking about the open version JMeter is nearly perfect in usability and reliability side. But, since the organization changed, I needed the more powerful tools.

It was straightforward.

Implementation Team

As a consultant, my client implement this tools.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Now, the price slightly expensive especially if you are in small-medium company, but if you are in a medium-high company, and need the powerful tools with IBM great name, just use it. It would be better if IBM release the 'cheapest' version for the small-medium company.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Premier Business Partner