IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

​It provides the option to collect real-time data using ITM monitoring agents, although reporting needs more customization options in the performance test analyst to build custom reports.

Valuable Features

The Resource Monitoring feature has more flexible options for different OS's such as Windows, Unix and Linux.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides the option to collect real-time data using ITM monitoring agents.

Room for Improvement

Reporting needs improvement to provide more customization options in the performance test analyst to build custom reports. Recent versions like 8.6, and 8.7 has better scalability on user load testing.

When compared to competitors, the reporting module in this version was missing user friendly customization on building report variants such asTransaction Percentile Summary etc. Also, I think time cannot be excluded in the report, and no options to create customized report templates exist for reusability. These are two improvement areas which I can think of and I am not sure if they are rectified in the recent release, since I haven’t got much opportunity to use the latest version recently.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over one year.

8/10

8/10

The initial setup was not difficult and proper instruction guides are provided with sufficient step by step instructions.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's one of the most cost-effective products on the market.