IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

It allows non-programmers to create performance tests, but the system that detects why certain scripts fail to play back as recorded needs improvement.

Valuable Features

• Easy to create scripts if you are not a programmer
  • Nice GUI feel
  • Easy to maintain servers

Improvements to My Organization

Non-programmers can now create performance tests.

Room for Improvement

• Make expression editing more automated
  • A better way of the system detecting why certain scripts are not playing back as recorded
  • Need the app to tell us at a higher level what went wrong

Use of Solution

I've used it for one year.

No issues encountered.

Its English speaking support who responds the same day.

We previously used HP Performance Center. We changed due to HP overcharging for additional protocols needed for testing. IBM Rational Performance Tester does not charge any additional fees.

Straightforward. Some issues if you previously had HP UFT, QTP or Performance Center software installed. I would recommend a re-imaging prior to installing IBM if you had HP previously.

Implementation Team

In house IBM implementation team. Also, it gave us a one week training course that was helpful

ROI

ROI is big because we do not need vendors to assist some with performance testing.

Other Advice

The HP tool is overall a little better but much more expensive. More apps can use this tool for their performance tests.