IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

It can create scripts from the recording or from direct coding. Since it is built on Eclipse, it is expected to face corrupted projects that would impact time and efforts..

What is most valuable?

Code extending capabilities are the most valuable features, however it requires Java coding skills, and is not for those who aren't coders or for those with basic knowledge.

How has it helped my organization?

As other load tests, this product allows production of effective load to the SUT. It can create scripts from the recording or allows to create scripts from direct coding.

What needs improvement?

A better stable platform would be great, they might need to get away from the Eclipse platform and integrate on top of IntelliJ IDEA for a Linux version.

I have used this solution for about five years.

There were a couple of stability issues.

Since it is Java-based, it is expected to be a resource eater on Windows.

The technical support is about average, I would rate it a 7/10.

I did not switch solutions. Our company had this solution; it was the available product to deliver the services.

The setup was straightforward, it depends on the company's regulations and infrastructure policies.

What other advice do I have?

A solid PC should be used for scripting.

CPU: At least 4 Cores physical (i7)
RAM: 16GB to 32GB
SSD: 64-bit OS

For the controller, a proper size analysis based on the volume of testing is needed.