IBM Rational Quality Manager Review

Easy to set up, scales well, and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and we use this solution to create a testing plan, that includes test cases, for our clients. It is part of a larger suite of tools that includes Rational Functional Tester, which helps to automate the process.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the RFT because it allows us to automate manual test cases. We can do mainframe automation as well as web-based automation.

What needs improvement?

Adding support for uploading a collection of test cases would be a helpful addition. As it is now, we cannot upload a set of test cases, and instead, have to create it manually. Being able to upload hundreds of test cases would save us time, but it needs to be fast. For example, if 10 users are writing 100 tests case in a day, then uploading them should not take more than a minute.

I have been working with IBM Rational Quality Manager for the past four years.

This is a stable solution.

In our organization, we have 4,000 users and we don't have any issues. If we add more users then IBM will not have any problem scaling.

The technical support from IBM is very good.

In the past four years, I have not personally needed to contact them.

I did not work with another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy for our team. It will take us half an hour.

What other advice do I have?

IBM