IBM Rational Quality Manager Review

Fast and reliable with good customization capabilities

What is most valuable?

The product is very fast.

It's very reliable as a solution.

The solution is well structured and you can customize it within your business workflows.

It's very fast coming from a banking interface tool, as far as the testing environment and the test tool are concerned.

What needs improvement?

Currently, the user interface needs to be more user-friendly.

In one of IBM's main competitors, Quality Center, the options are much more straightforward than what is offered in IBM. IBM's platform is too complicated and should be simple like Quality Center's.

The integration and enhancement features need to be across all the testing tools and there needs to be integration between them.

The solution should simplify the import or export as well as support multiple extensions.

Overall, the solution is not user-friendly, and you need a very technical person on it in order to run it properly.

I've been working with this tool for a number of years, and with IBM solutions in general for about eight or so years so far.

The solution is very reliable and stable.

I believe the solution is scalable.

We've been in touch with technical support. They are pretty good. However, I don't hear from the clients about how they feel about the solution's technical support in any way. We've found them to be good, at least for us, from our interactions with them in the past.

Clients often ask about monthly licensing fees, however, I'm not sure about how IBM actually charges. For example, I'm unsure as to if it's a yearly or a monthly fee. It's unclear from my end how the solution actually contracts out its licenses.

We've compared the solution to other tools such as HP's Quality Center.

What other advice do I have?

The main competitor of IBM's test management tool is Quality Center. I feel they may have a more user-friendly interface.

However, IBM offers a very good management tool and it's integrated well with the different tracking and design testing solutions.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

From a reliability and scalability perspective, it's a good tool. It's well-structured. If they did some upgrades to the interface, it would be just about perfect and I'd rate it closer to nine or nine and a half.

More IBM Rational Quality Manager reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Micro Focus, IDERA and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: February 2021.
464,655 professionals have used our research since 2012.