IBM Rational Test Workbench Review

The Eclipse client has the ability to do the test scripts for recording, although it has the concatenation issues which cause the incorrect grammar in different languages.

Valuable Features:

Rational Test Workbench Eclipse client has the ability to do the test scripts for recording, playback and customization inter-working with Android simulators and iOS simulators.

Improvements to My Organization:

I was certifying the quality of Rational Test Workbench in terms of multi-language support so I'm not able to answer this point.

Room for Improvement:

For better understanding of the GUI design perspective, Rational Test Workbench has the concatenation issues which cause the incorrect grammar in different languages. This should be improved in the future releases.

Use of Solution:

I used it for two and half years.

Deployment Issues:

Sometimes Rational Performance Tester doesn't completely remove the installation folders after uninstallation using IBM Installation Manager.

Stability Issues:

Rational Performance Tester supports cloud technology in the version 8.7, playing test scripts back on the cloud is not stable.

Previous Solutions:

No previous solution was used.

Initial Setup:

The setup is simple and friendly. Rational Test Workbench should be installed by IBM Installation Manager.

Implementation Team:

We used a vendor team.

Other Advice:

IBM Rational integrates the testing software as Rational Test Workbench. It's quite convenient and efficient as it is able to automate the test scripts.