IBM Resilient Review

Easy to use with good stability but needs more documentation

What is our primary use case?

We have delivered a couple of Resilient solutions to our customers.

The product is primarily used for incident response automation and orchestration.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

It's a very stable product. The performance has been very good.

What needs improvement?

The product needs a bit more development.

We've had some compatibility issues that need to be resolved. There needs to be a bit more research done into that to figure out why it won't work. For example, my customer had some specific requirements, however, due to a lot of compatibility issues, some devices were not available to upgrade or add to the system. They say they are working on adding it to the solution, however, the compatibility still isn't available, and may not be for a while. They are unclear on the timelines.

We've had issues surrounding the deployment of the product.

The solution needs to try and develop more custom playbooks or documentation to help the customer with the initial setup.

Technical support is not pro-active enough and they take too long to provide solutions to problems.

The solution needs to have a physical deployment as well. It would be ideal if it wasn't just on the cloud.

We have been selling the solution for the past three years at this point.

There are some aspects of the solution that we can scale. There are certain things we can customize if we need to. We can also scale, for example, the number of actions per month. You can expand it if you need to.

Currently, we have six clients using the solution. These companies differ in size.

I personally have five team members in my organization who are supporting the customer in the support portal.

We use the IBM support portal. The need to be much more proactive in supporting the customer. They don't necessarily ever say "this is not possible". Instead, they say "we are developing a solution". However, the process of developing a fix takes far too long. They need to be more aggressive in dealing with issues. Right now, sometimes it can take up to two to three months to resolve an issue, which is far too long.

I wouldn't say that we are satisfied with the level of service they provide.

We've had issues with the setup process. We have Palo Alto, and for some reason, there isn't good compatibility.

That said, for the most part, the installation is fairly straightforward. It's not too complex.

We have five team members capable of handling implementations.

We handle the implementation for our clients.

The pricing is pretty good, however, the downside is that it is not a very mature product.

When a company needs a playbook, they have to create one, and then they have to pay someone for that service. However, it might be something that IBM could develop and template for others. They may be in the process of doing this already.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

It's an okay product, however, it needs more maturity.

More IBM Resilient reviews from users
...who compared it with Siemplify
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Palo Alto Networks, RSA and others in Security Incident Response. Updated: June 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.