IBM Resource Access Control Facility Review

What is most valuable?

It's completely secure. That's the best answer I can give you. We're able to do role-based security so when new people join the company we're able to quickly add them to the proper security through role-based security groups. Our resources are secured with this product.

What needs improvement?

I would welcome something that is more easily integrated with distributor platforms.

The stability is excellent.

It's only a mainframe product so it doesn't cross platforms. It does integrate with some of our distributed solutions which is good. Some of that we haven't fully implemented.

I haven't personally used the technical support.

We have other solutions in place, and we had CA Top Secret in place before we used RACF. The purchase was a decision outside of my hands.

I was responsible for the implementation for the products for which I'm responsible that need RACF security.

We looked for transportability in evaluated products but that was twenty-five years ago so I have no idea what was evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it as a mainframe solution.