IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Review

Easy to use with good technical support and decent stability

What is our primary use case?

In my experience, we've done IBM RPA implementations for payment processes and intercompany processes for our customers. Basically, the process is as follows: it interacts with the banking website and collects the necessary data for validation and approval in SAP.

What is most valuable?

The solution's ease of use is its most valuable aspect.

The user interface is very good.

It's easy to develop code. I can click on items and simply drag and drop. I can even open the modules in Excel. It makes everything very simple.

What needs improvement?

Much like Automation Anywhere, it would be helpful if there was some sort of community board to help share and trade information to help users learn how to troubleshoot and learn about the various aspects of the solution. Right now, there isn't anything of that nature available to help users find answers.

We're based in Thailand, but the documentation is not in Thai, which makes it difficult for us. If they could translate all of their documentation into our language, we'd be very grateful.

The pricing of the solution is quite high.

I've been using the solution for two years.

While we found version 10 to not be quite stable enough, version 11 is much better in this regard. It's still not 100% stable, however, I would estimate it's now at 90-95% stable, which is quite good.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand this service they should be able to without much difficulty.

I've been in touch with IBM's technical support in the past. I've found them to be helpful. We're satisfied with the level of service we receive. There's really no problem connecting with them and asking for help. They are quite knowledgeable.

We haven't worked with any other solution. We've only worked with IBM.

I did not find the initial setup complex. I would describe it as easy. It's very straightforward.

We find the solution to be overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller. We provide the product to our customers.

I'd advise other companies to consider using the solution. It's very easy to use. It's got a great user interface as well. However, you need to use logic in order to use it effectively.  This is important especially during implementation.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

More IBM Robotic Process Automation (RPA) reviews from users
...who compared it with Automation Anywhere (AA)