IBM Security Access Manager Review

Effortless user sign in, highly scalable, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

I am a provider of mobile authentication and my customers want to upgrade the Single Sign-On platform solution. We then provide them our mobile authentication to plugin with the new version of IBM's Single Sign-On.

What is most valuable?

I have found this solution to be really practical and when a user wants to log in, it is effortless and runs smooth.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be classified as a hilt system. There are a lot of resources being used and it is suitable for very large enterprises or the public sector.

In the future, there could be better instructional documentation published on their website. It was difficult for us to learn.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is really reliable and stable.

The solution is very scalable. I have provided the solution to my customer that has approximately 10,000 users. I think we can expand it up to 100,000. It is ready to accept a large amount of the customer.

We do the deployment and maintenance of the solution with a team of three engineers and it took approximately two weeks.

The first time we did the installation it took a lot of time because we had to learn how to do it. Now that we understand the solution and have done the installation before, it is easy.

The license and costs depend on the amount range of users you have. For just approximately 2,000 users, the price is practical and fair. However, when you have 20,000 users, it starts to become really expensive, and the discount per user is not attractive enough to go ahead and purchase. We only have a budget for approximately 7,000 users, having more users would be too expensive for us.

For small or medium-sized businesses they cannot afford this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IBM Security Access Manager an eight out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Okta, Microsoft and others in Access Management. Updated: July 2021.
524,194 professionals have used our research since 2012.